In 2009, IDGL established presence in India through its Delhi campus and four years later set up the Delhi laboratory. Since then, IDGL has represented an ever-expanding network of training and trust in India.
Today IDGL enjoys a preeminent reputation for unrivalled accuracy and integrity in grading diamonds, coloured stones and pearls.
The reasons include:
- It invests heavily in research, staff training and latest technology to perfect its understanding of gemstones
- It tests every stone to determine its natural or synthetic quality
- It tests every diamond for laser drilling, fracture filling, irradiation, high pressure/high temperature (HPHT) and chemical vapour deposition (CVD)
- It has a greater exposure to and understanding of a wider variety of specimens as the world’s largest grading laboratory
- It is grader of choice for some of the world’s most fabulous diamonds, including the Hope Diamond (45.52 carats) and the De Beers Centenary Diamond (273.85 carats)
- It operates under a set of core principles designed to protect the objectivity of its reportsincluding: equality (with all customers & diamonds), objectivity, accuracy, consistency, integrity and security.
IDGL is an independent entity in every sense of the term. It is not affiliated with any retailer, wholesaler or manufacturer, which is why gem professionals and consumers everywhere consider IDGL reports as the benchmark for certification.